27 April 2013

Blunders

My play the first day of the Inland Empire Open revealed my capacity for error. Generosity from my opponents saved me. I made errors early, but they returned the favor when it mattered most. In the first game, I dropped a piece through miscalculation. The error gave me an attack and drove my opponent's king into the center. He missed several key moves and let me back into the game.

His last chance to maintain an advantage passed when he played 34.Kd5?? here.

White to move

In round two, I played a few inaccurate moves that gave my opponent clear initiative and an extra pawn. He weakened the squares around his king in response to smoke and mirrors (phantom threats along the f-file). He then threw the game my way with 39...Bxb2??

Black to move

No comments:

Post a Comment