21 January 2023

The Strongest Move

After having written two articles on the subject last spring, I should have found the strongest move here, even though it was a blitz game.

White to move
I did find the best move here, however.

White to move
Had this next position appeared in the game, I likely would have missed the strongest response, playing instead another move that also wins, but in more moves.

White to move
It mystifies me that I again missed the best move here below because it had been my intent a move earlier. As a consequence, my advantage began to slip away.

White to move
But, my opponent missed the critical reply.

Black to move
This next move was easy to find.

White to move
If you wish to see the whole game with annotations, this link should get you there.





No comments:

Post a Comment