20 October 2024

Over 1900 in Rapid!

The last time I was over 1900 in rapid on chessdotcom was mid-summer 2022. In September this year, it appeared that I would never get there again as I was struggling to get back to 1700 after a losing streak in late August. However, I’ve been playing a bit better the past few weeks.

My second game this morning was against an opponent in the mid-1900s while I was 1892. Somehow, I had a nice position as we entered the middle game. My opponent lost the exchange (I think it was necessary to save his king), but then found resourceful defense and generated some counterplay. As matters became tense, I found a nice move.

I offered the exchange back, my opponent refused at this point, but later I forced matters taking his last bishop so that I could eliminate the pawn on f7. In the ending I had a bishop when we were otherwise reduced to pawns.

The win lifted me to 1901.

No comments:

Post a Comment